In today’s lesson we went through my expectations for the year:
- Phones and IPods! Not seen unless told you can, and absolutely not on charge!
- No food, hot drinks, or fizzy drinks, only water
- Be on time! And start working…Any lateness means you have to come in through T1 & sign the late sheet with your reason.
- Attend! If you are genuinely sick you catch up in your own time…Thursday afterschool
- Homework! Done on time every time! So plan ahead, and is you need help get it from me or others. Thursday afterschool
- Utilise the resources given to you for help… SMHW, Twitter, Blog
- Participate! That means talk, ask questions, answer questions, do the tasks set, work together
- Growth! No-one is perfect first time and things will get hard. These two years a process! Keep going…
- Lies! Don’t! Ever!
Social Learning Theory
Teachers or students who want the original PPT please tweet @psychopepper
- To KNOW and UNDERSTAND what Social Learning Theory is.
- To APPLY this idea to explain human aggression.
- To EVALUATE this theory in terms of its supporting evidence and critical commentary.
- To CREATE an essay grid on the Social Psychological Explanations of Aggression.
We looked at your ideas for what aggression actually is and the key components of the definition. We then recapped our knowledge on Social Learning Theory from last year.
“Aggression” is a set of behaviours between members of the same species that is intended to cause pain or harm. It can be physical, mental or verbal and is one of the most disturbing forms of human behaviour.
We used the booklet to go through the core AO1 ideas of how we learn aggression vicariously and watched the clip Children See, Children Do.
We then recapped our understanding of the bobo doll experiment using Khan Academy Video
We started work on the essay for this area by reducing the text to key information and planning the start of our essay.