Skip to content
Paper 1: Introductory topics in psychology
- What’s assessed? Compulsory content of Social Influence, Memory, Attachment and Psychopathology.
- How is it assessed? Written exam: 2 hours • 96 marks in total • 33.3% of A-level
- What type of questions? Section A-D: multiple choice, short answer and extended writing maximum 16 marks, each section totaling 24 marks
Students will be expected to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of psychological concepts, theories, research studies, research methods and ethical issues in relation to the specified Paper 1 content.
- apply psychological knowledge and understanding of the specified Paper 1 content in a range of contexts
- analyse, interpret and evaluate psychological concepts, theories, research studies and research methods in relation to the specified Paper 1 content
- evaluate therapies and treatments including in terms of their appropriateness and effectiveness.
Assessment Objectives (% of overall A Level)
- AO1 = 11–14 %
- AO2 = 6–9 %
- AO3 = 12–14 %